Oglebay Institute is committed to accessible, convenient registration and an overall enriching experience with all our public classes. Please review our general policies to ensure placement in your desired class and a smooth transaction.
- You may register online, by phone, or in person at any Oglebay Institute facility during regular business hours.
- Private lesson requests are handled by calling the facility in which they are held.
- Classes will be filled in the order registrations are received. Most classes have maximum and minimum registration numbers.
- Registration generally opens 4-6 weeks before to start of each session.
- No spaces will be held without full payment.
- You may be pictured in promotional materials (including the newspaper) for Oglebay Institute.
Payment in full is required at the time of registration.
For participants to cancel and receive a full refund, they must call the facility and cancel at least 1 WEEK before the class begins. No refunds will be issued once a class begins.
Weather & Emergency Cancellations
Classes may be cancelled in the case of inclement weather or an emergency. It is at the discretion of the instructor/ facility to cancel his or her class. Please check for a message on the telephone of your class’ corresponding department/ facility.
Stifel Fine Arts Center:
Art & Performing Arts Classes
School of Dance:
Museums of Oglebay Institute:
History & Glassmaking Classes
Schrader Environmental Education Center:
Nature Classes (Roots ‘N Shoots & Budding Naturalists)
In the case of a level 3 snow emergency (Belmont County), all Oglebay Institute facilities are closed. Students should visit the home page, facebook page or local news channels for such announcements during sever weather.
Each student/parent is expected to use his/her best judgment as to driving in hazardous conditions.
A student’s progress and understanding of the presented material is hindered by absenteeism. Please attend regularly.
It is the responsibility of the participant to appear in class on the correct day and hour without additional notice.
In the event of a cancellation, 8 week classes will be extended by one week immediately following the class session. Students should consult their instructor as to make-up dates for one day classes and workshops.
Oglebay Institute staff and facilities reserve the right to remove any student from class without recourse for failure to observe the policies set forth in handbooks or at the beginning of each class. Chronic offenders may be expelled from attending future classes. No refund will be extended to expelled students.